Who's it for?

OpenHSU is for Official websites

Official websites are any sites used to deliver public information about University departments, units, clubs, associations, functions, programs, courses, or curricula. This does not include personal web pages of HSU students, faculty, or staff. Google Sites is used to create personal websites

Humboldt State University organizations, departments, courses and centers of research are allowed to have official HSU websites. They may request space on HSU-managed servers and utilize HSU platforms to maintain them.

BE AWARE: Any site owned and managed by an HSU entity is subject to requirements of official sites, even if it is not on HSU-managed servers or not built using HSU platforms.

All official HSU websites must meet the HSU accessibility guidelines. They must also meet basic design requirements, as described in the HSU Web Guide.

Some sites may be especially important for external marketing, and should get design and content assistance from Marketing & Communications.

Request a Site

Submit your request and we will setup a new environment so you can start building your website.

Submit a site request

Personal Sites

If you are looking to build a site for yourself request a Google Site.

Request a Consultation

Most offices can create OpenHSU sites with minimal assistance. But some are complicated or vital for external marketing. If you need help with a redesign or new web site, fill out a client questionaire, email it to webadmin@humboldt.edu, and one of our web designers will contact you

Submit a Request